Monday 17 August 2009

Much ado about nothing

King Khan was forced to face an 'ordeal' at the Newark airport. Quite naturally, most of the newspapers today have this news as their headlines : "I don't feel like stepping on U.S soil: Shah Rukh." Can't blame him. I'd have felt the same way if I had been treated that way. Luckily, I am not a Khan and I do not think I'll be going to the Newark airport in my lifetime. If I get a chance, I guess I'll try to skip it.

Another main news article was: Anil Ambani visits Guruvayoor temple in Kerala. A nice photo was given by the side of the article which was essentially about the royal reception given to the younger Ambani by the members of the Devaswom board.

Then there was also an article about our Home Minister watching the World Badminton Championship in the conspicuous absence of NSG commandos. Another one about a really controversial lady going shopping in the national capital. And many more such articles which had no right to be in the paper.All this after devoting about 30% of the space for the advertisement. (Can't blame them. After all, the newspapers may become unaffordable otherwise.) This is the case of a typical newspaper in India.

Do I care whether the Home Minister watched the World Badminton Championship or the World Boxing Championship? If the lady goes shopping, can't reporters let her do that peacefully and leave us also in peace? We are customers and we demand full value for our money. Not the crap you publish in about 70% of the space. Why do they think newspaper subscriptions are going down all over the world? The readers get the latest news round the clock, without any interruption, on the net. They get what they want to read - and not what the newspapers dictate.

After publishing all that, I believe that the newspapers have no right to criticize the stars they made about their behaviour. You are the ones who made them.

No comments:

Search This Blog