Sunday 12 August 2007

In love with life

Some human beings seem to have an extremely admirable quality of being in love with life even when they are struggling for their life. It fills me with awe.

Only today morning did I see such a person. Her name was Sneha and she lives in Nedumangadu. When I saw her, streams of blood were flowing beneath her eyes and through her nose. She is suffering from blood cancer and had come to the church, asking people to help her. Today, the sermon was based on the story of Lazar and it had a tremendous effect on the people. I sincerely hope that Sneha would have received enough money to continue her treatment, though I do not know if she will survive for long. But I really want her to. She is the kind of person who inspire people to go on living in this otherwise drab world. She loves life, I bet.

Got to know about yet another cancer patient. Wife of a customer at mom's bank. He is having three blocks in heart and will undergo Angioplasty tomorrow at Sree Chithira Tirunal Institute. Their only son is studying in Dubai.

I hate this disease-cancer. It took the lives of two of my grandparents. I sincerely pray for the success of those engaged in finding out a cure to this menace. It has wrecked the lives of so many people.

But a vast majority of the cancer patients I know seem to love life and have an urge to go on and to live their lives to the fullest. This makes a painful but utterly beautiful sight to those around them. You do not wish to waste a single moment of your life- that kind of attitude. If healthy people had half these fellows' guts, I wonder what an Eden this world would have become.

I read the book 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel. A thoroughly inspiring book. Tells us that you become aware of your true strength only in the worst kind of adversities. That you should have the will to live in order to live. That you must face your fear and never give up.

To wind up, I retire today, in love with life.

No comments:

Search This Blog