Monday 13 August 2007

Classes start again

The problem with having lab exams during the classes is that you feel greatly relaxed after the exam and do not want to sit and listen to your lecturers for a long time. Some may disagree, but I strongly feel so. So I was filled with gratitude to God when the first three hours were free. It happens only once in a lifetime in the department of electronics.

There were a lot of activities going on, meanwhile, to engage our attention. I had to return my library book. I got four books issued in my name today- two from the department library and two from the main library. Moreover, there was a discussion on the industrial visit. We may not go to Hyderabad after all. The very thought depresses me. I would have loved to go there.

Joe was tying friendship bands on everyone's hand today. She really needs a thumps up for putting in such a lot of effort in making those bands. I cannot imagine myself doing such a tiring job. Well, Joe, you are magnificent in your patience with threadwork! Thank you for the band.

After the LIC period got over, I ran out of the class, planning to cut the IM class. But Aparna dragged me back and I got in half an hour late. The lecturer didn't kick me out. I guess it is because the fellow is from the mech department.

CO period was free again. We started discussing about cancer patients. I thought it would be a good idea to go and meet the patients at RCC. Neetha told me that an institution, called Careplus would allow us to work as volunteers. I am going to volunteer.

Honestly, I do not know how it is going to affect us - I mean, both the patients and me. I have had an experience of nearly losing my mother and would do anything in the world for not going through all that again. What I will be seeing there would be the same - people struggling with death and their families, trying to give them hope. I know it is going to shatter me but I am sure it will build me as well. It will give some meaning to my life, I believe.

I hope to go there this Saturday. We haven't received permission yet from anyone. So there will be some work to do this week. I am glad about it. I always feel terrible when I have nothing to do.

No comments:

Search This Blog