Saturday 12 September 2009

Ratings

The broadcast industry is going to regulate itself - all programmes, including the ads shown in between are to be rated U, U/A and A. I believe all news shows are going to be A by default. Ditto for all the serials. Only the family welfare ministry's ads are going to get U certification. But who watches them? This is just a ploy to grab eyeballs by granting A certificate to all programmes and a roundabout way to get social acceptance for all the bitchy programmes in the teevee.

Where's the remote?

Has anybody ever checked out the 'Most Popular' section of Yahoo! India. At least 25% of the content is a month old. I am tired of still seeing the Rakhi Sawant swayamwar, Madonna's waking up etc in that page for the umpteenth time. I can't bring myself to believe that we are still reading those things. All other sites are religiously updated. This is really atrocious! Who's in charge of that page?

Congratulations to the Indian cricket team for making it to the top finally. I will worship all the team members religiously till we lose the next match. Then I'll throw banana peels at you.

Also congratulations to Vijender Singh and Pankaj Advani! Good to see some good news from sports other than the obvious one.

The most comical comment I've heard recently: 'Italians want to be like me'

No points for guessing who said it. Still, the guy remains popular!!! No wonder Obelix said:
ils sont fous, ces romains!


(They are mad, those Romans!)

No comments:

Search This Blog