Tuesday 8 September 2009

A boring life

My life is progressing from being boring to being mega boring. There is no news worth reading in the newspapers. They are becoming so predictable that I can predict the news for the next week. I have stopped watching TV as I find that daydreaming is a more interesting option.

And thanks to the zoology professor at the academy, I am developing a small aversion to meat. Thankfully, he doesn't talk much about fish; I do not know how I will ever live without it. I will have to start thinking about bunking the zoology classes. Otherwise, I stand the huge risk of losing my 'personality'.

Well, in spite of all the opinions I have expressed till now, I find some interesting news articles like:
As usual, we are keeping quiet though China is grabbing our land. (I don't understand why China has to do this. Reminds me of the biblical tale of David and Bethsheba.) Mr. Krishna has even said that Sino-Indian border is among the most peaceful borders in the world. Yeah, we'll sleep on that. For now. Till another Kargil-like scenario comes up. But if it is going to be against China, you know which side to bet on, right?

Then there is the great Indian family drama about finding the successor to YSR. The way in which the MLAs finally turned up to retake their oaths as ministers was hilarious. I do not know how everything is going to turn out. Truth, as Mark Twain said, is more of a stranger than fiction. In the same way, Andhra politics is stranger than Hindi serials. (Heard Ramalinga Raju had a cardiac arrest. Why?)

Another case of faking of 'encounter death' from Gujrat. I have now decided to put no limit to my imagination when it comes to 'How atrocious police can be?' They kill innocent human beings for getting promotion, huh? These fellows ought to be shot at sight.

Our dear old Prime Minister has suddenly found out to his shock that the rate of conviction in cases of atrocities against SCs and STs is abysmally low. It seems that I read more newspaper articles than him about the matter.

About BJP. I do not know where to begin. It now looks like a China shop run over by a very very active bull. First it was Advani, then came Jaswant Singh with many small volcanic eruptions in between. The Vasundhara Raje episode makes particularly fascinating reading. Somebody ought to make a serial or a movie out of it. (Writing a book and getting it banned by a state government too is a good idea.) I forget who the current player is.

But the most comical of all is the investigation of the Paul M George murder case by the Kerala police. Someone has already started making a movie on it. You should read the actual newspaper reports to see how hilariously bizzare the investigation is. The latest episode was the revelation of a blacksmith that the murder weapon seized from the house of one of the suspects in the case was made by him at the behest of a Police officer. When asked to comment on it, someone from the department said that such tricks were routine as the murderers often destroy the weapons used!

I find that life is not so boring, after all!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Life will not be boring if you continue to write good posts like this every day. Congrats!

Search This Blog