Friday 11 September 2009

And in a lighter vein

I am feeling terrible after writing three posts on really serious topics. Maybe being vegan makes you intellectual.

Yesterday I ate fish again after a long break. So feeling really happy now. (The Omega-3 fatty acid in small fishes triggers neural centres to make the eater happy, according to some research. Bah!)

Om Prakash and Rajesh, two goondas somehow involved in the Paul M George murder case have surrendered and have been remanded. Now, this fellow Om Prakash is a really handsome guy and the newspapers can't ever get enough of his photos. Last year, the same thing happened when Sabarinath, a grafter was caught. (Take the American meaning!) He looked more like a scientist than a swindler and we were treated daily to his photos.

Rajesh has the real look of a goon and so we don't see his photos much. That's sad. He should file a case against the media for discrimination.

A lady goonda (what an oxymoron!) Shobha John, merely on account of being not beautiful enough and being too shrewd has been dumped by them.The actual face of Thatha (not her actual name), a trafficker in women was not shown even once. And you talk about equality of women. This cruel, cruel world!

Amen to male chauvinism! Amen to the great Indian patriarchy!

Thought I'd stop there, but there was a really interesting article about an Innova car getting a fancy number for an abysmally small amount at an auction. Now there was also a report about a private Innova car receiving police protection as it followed a minister's car. And I am a tube light.

When the Unique ID mission really starts working (I see nothing else other than news reports and occasional intervies with Mr. NN to remind me of its existence) and if I have enough dough in my hands, will I be able to buy the number I like? Or is it going to be like the scratch coupon where you have to scratch out a shining metallic coat with a fifty paise coin of 2.0 cm diameter to get my number?

Mera number kab aayega?

1 comment:

Sudeep said...

That sort of discrimination is something which i had never thought of.. lolzzz..

Search This Blog