Wednesday 7 May 2008

Food for thought

I have almost given up watching the television. What is the point? Listening to stupid comments by politicians and more stupid replies to them isn't exactly my cup of tea. Still, the comment of Mr. Georgr Bush almost got me to watch news again. Blaming India for the rise in the price of food, oil and what not. It was a pleasure, listening to his comments and the reaction to it.
Sadly, our Prime Minister refrained from taking up the issue. I have always thought of Mr. Singh as a sensible man, and his behaviour confirms it. Mr. Bush's comments were not worth commenting upon.

The only thing I watch regularly now is a serial, Kadamattathu Kathanar. Ghosts and evil spirits are far more interesting thanhuman beings; the stories about them seem far more realistic now than the soaps being aired on other channels.
Earlier, I used to watch at least the news. News then was really NEWS and not a gimmick as it is now. Thanks to 24-hour news channels, news has become trivia and trivia has become news.

God save the TV!

No comments:

Search This Blog