Monday 5 May 2008

Madness in mind

"I am compelled to think", or something like that was Dr. Watson's statement in one of the Holmes novels (or a short story, I don't remember which). I am repeating the same statement now. I sincerely hope no one tell me, "I have to", like Holmes said to Watson. (Though I have no doubt that any one who has read the story will be able to refrain from not saying so)

I guess I am going nuts. My main subject of thinking is this : a person who is born blind, regains his sight after many years. When he sees the world, it obviously would not be anything like what he would have thought about it. The concepts of "colour", "hue" etc become reality. It would be a shock for him. Similarly, is it possible that we, the normal human beings are 'blind' in some sort of way? Is it possible that we have lost some power of 'sight' which would enable us to watch other dimensions of space as well? If yes, how would the experience be?

Every time I understand a useful concept, I find that I can view everything associated with it in a new angle. It is a joy to see how two totally different ways of approaching the same problem can yield the same result. Is it lack of enough intelligence that causes me to think that the ways are different or are they actually different? Usually, I find that the former case is true - I am sure it is a very very common phenomenon.

And it is a great joy to finally discover that the two ways are essentially the same, as I have said before.

Am I going nuts?

No comments:

Search This Blog