Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Monologue Today

Did not feel like cooking today. It was raining, and it was the perfect weather to sleep. So I just ignored the feeling of guilt and continued to sleep till I felt like getting up.

Some say living on your own will make you more responsible. Maybe true in some ways but may not be so true too. When I had a roommate I would try to wake her up if we were both lazy. Or I would sleep till I was dragged out of bed if I happened to be the lazier one. Those were the good old days. Now thanks to being perfectly alone in a five bedroom apartment close to the office I don't care to wake up before noon on weekends. And then cooking for myself is the only thing that is keeping me sane given the 'disorderly life' I am living.

Well, it is not actually disorderly. Except for the irregular sleep part, everything else is in order. I wash my clothes, clean the house and cook. And it gives me a false sense of satisfaction and self-sufficiency. Ah! But I long to take a break and travel someplace far away.

No comments:

Search This Blog