Sunday 26 July 2009

A crazy subject

When I was asked to take sociology as the optional, I never knew it would be so interesting. This is perfect for me - the exact thing I want to read: the structure of societies, how they evolved and their future course. Life couldn't be any more exciting. In fact, after four years of reading textbooks that were drier than the Sahara desert, this comes as a gale of fresh air.

And the most important thing about it is that the dear old God's own country has the dubious distinction of finding itself mentioned in association with almost all the curious practices I have read till now. Matriliny, extreme untouchability and what not. This particular little state seems to have all the variety in the world when it comes to sociology.

Dad and mom are loving it too. Dad is heavily interested in anything related with the customs of social groups. So everyone now listens to me with interest. And if you have not guessed it till now, I love to talk. And I was very very unpopular in this house for the past six years on account of talking pure jargon - two years scientific and four years engineering. It is all over now.

I must however say that I am not affected by comments of others about my talkativeness. Never was and I don't think I would ever be.

2 comments:

voracious eater said...

You didn't say joining that civil service coaching centre involved clearing a gk test and then writing an eloquent essay...and you were asking me if i was interested in joining.I would have failed miserably in those tests.hope you do become posted as ambassador in the country of your choice and retire from service as the foreign secretary of India

voracious eater said...

We miss you and your incessant chatter do. IIT kgp can never come even close to our very own cet

Search This Blog