Tuesday 21 October 2008

What to do now

A question most of the humankind is facing right now. We are having an exponential growth in the number of problems. The economy is slowing down, a government that doesn't seem to be sure about itself, let alone others and loss of public confidence in anything that matters.

Gloomy picture. Still, the situation has improved a lot. The British government ought to be praised for dinning some sense into every one's head. I am a Gordon Brown fan, whatever the British voters might say.

Government of India, it seems, is not sure about whether it has a serious problem in its hands or not. The truth is, I don't have any idea how badly this crisis is going to affect us. Foreign demand will surely go down but we have more money with the population-sixth pay commission, debt waiver and all that. Having a billion people in your country is right now a sort of relief.

Chandrayaan will go to moon soon. My best wishes to the ISRO. Hats off to our scientists and engineers who have made this possible. Ours is a space programme which makes a lot of sense - I mean, we are doing it more for public good than for any other reason. I feel good about it.

India gets her first saint. St. Alphonsa was declared to be the first saint from India by Pope Benedict XVI in Rome a few days ago. Its a great honour for us here in Kerala.

Coming to the problems I am facing right now. My sessions exams start tomorrow. I am not really prepared for it. There's still plenty of time, however.

I am taking a seminar on quantum cryptography next week. I don't know whether I will understand what I am going to take. Plus, I have to make the abstract, the presentation and the report in an incredibly short duration of time.

The project is going haywire. god alone knows how we will convince the ma'am to allow us to work under our current guide. I am banking on God to do this for me. I have no other option left and if she refuses, I am going to be in Mariana trench-depth trouble.

Our dear University has postponed the exams yet again. I really do not know whether I should feel relieved or scared. While it is true that the earlier timetable made no sense, we will be losing precious time with the new one.

The sweetest piece of news this week. I am sure nothing will beat it: SACHIN MAKES A NEW WORLD RECORD AND INDIA THRASHES AUSTRALIA BY A RECORD MARGIN. What more can we ask for? Good to see a silver lining somewhere!

1 comment:

jj said...

chill girl!
cool headed and level headed ain't you!
All that you mentioned here were like the thoughts in my mind put into the perfect words... except for the preso part ;)
And the sweetest piece of news.. man we're still jumping with joy!
blog on!

Search This Blog