Friday 10 October 2008

Tough times ahead

So a neat, idiotic, exasperating global economic crisis, bomb explosions everywhere and attacks on minorities - what more can you ask for? It seems that this world is going mad, really mad and we have no good psychiatrists living around!

Sensex dips below 12000 - not unexpected, but shocking still. With demand down and speculators' days over, crude price is on a downward spiral. It seems that soon we will have water costing more than oil. (The government has hiked water supply bills by 90% - 140%) Inflation has 'dropped' to below 12%. Can't understand whether the times are really bad - it is confusing! Has madness caught me as well?

Tata Nano shifted to Gujrat. I do not know what to say. I never understood why they chose Singur in the first place. What will Buddha do now? Will Nano still cost only one lakh? It would be a miracle if that happens.

U.S signs nuke deal with India. I cannot understand why anyone is opposing it. Does anyone really think we are dumb enough to trust U.S. for eternity? We have got Russia, the European countries and a host of other sellers as well. This world is a village 'mandi' and we can get anything if we can pay for it.

The U.S Presidential election got really interesting with Sarah Palin. I really do hope that McCain doesn't win. I want to have at least a minuscule amount of sanity in this insane world. I am not a great fan of Obama, but I think Joe Biden has some sense and it will rub off on Obama as well. However, I believe that either of the Presidential candidates is going to be better than Bush. I do not know how he got re-elected. John Kerry was a lot better.

I really wish that Al Gore had become the President after Clinton. This world would have been a far better place to live in.

Now, back home. I really got into an argument with my parents after a couple of years. I do not get into arguments easily, and I have heard lots of comments like, "Anu, you should really go for the IFS. You will make a great diplomat." My greatest hobby is playing Devil's Advocate at home with (hold your breath) my mother that leaves my father and my sister shaking their heads in disbelief. (So I believe) . Getting into a verbal duel or a 'truel' is an annual ritual. But even that has become infrequent because everyone has become busy and we have our own businesses to mind. So when we got a two days' holiday, I 'ruined' it neatly. Actually, we all know that everyone loves it - the next day after we have a duel, we have a blast - we travel somewhere, go out to eat and enjoy ourselves - all in the name of 'consoling me'.

Arguments are good, sometimes.

P.S. I have started going for morning walks again, thanks to mom. She comes with me to ensure that I go the whole mile. (Pun intended). Seems she won't let me R.I.P.

No comments:

Search This Blog