Saturday 27 July 2013

At Qilaa

Life has become a bit boring, of late. We were planning to go to Kinnaur but the heavy rains poured cold water over all our plans. Being confined to Shimla now, I have decided to try out as many eateries as possible here.

So I have ended up at Qilaa at Shimla for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to find the good old Shawarma listed in the menu. However, having decided that it would be too much of an adventure to ask for it in the first trial, I have ordered a chicken biriyani.

Chicken biriyani usually acts as the measure by which I grade a non-vegetarian restaurant. And masala dosa for south Indian vegetarian. I have not yet developed a measure for north Indian vegetarian as I am not a great fan.

After eating the biriyani, I can say that this is one of the better restaurants in Shimla. It has a quaint, old world look - an HMV gramaphone, a Victoria station clock, bagpipe and all. And the food has been good.

Trying shawarma next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who used to follow your blog regularly, I can't believe I missed out on so many posts. Loved reading every bit. We all had our bit of growing up to do in these years right?
Keep rocking girl. Waiting for your stories from Nizam's land :)

Search This Blog