Friday 13 February 2009

Here comes the election!!!

When you read in the newspapers about fringe groups promoting 'Indian culture', or you hear the leaders talk about 'unity' or if any such abnormal incident occurs, beware! Elections are nearing. For the next few months, the 'common man' is pampered, the government declares all sorts of sops from free electricity to free food, and to top it all, have a stand-off with Pakistan. It creates a sort of 'feel good' atmosphere, seeing all those 'big leaders' staying in huts to maintain touch with the rural India. (As if they had any touch!) It is the only time when you feel glad that you are a citizen and not a 'leader'.

I will be voting this time around. My first vote, provided I get my election ID card before that. It would be exciting, surely. I mean, having the feeling that these petty parties are taking all these efforts to appease people like me!

Do vote when the election comes!

No comments:

Search This Blog