Thursday 29 November 2007

Cutting hair

The easiest way to be noticed by everyone in your college, if you have hair of at least a moderate length, is to bob it. You should have looked at the incredulous eyes looking at me, their jaws dropping as I got out of the college bus. Persons who had never ever spoken to me earlier, came to me saying, "You cut your hair!" All my friends were shocked beyond belief for some time. I admit I was having a ball with so much of attention fixed on me.

It was a mistake, I freely admit. I should have been more sensible. But it is done and I can't do a thing about it until nature remedies it. For the first time in my memory, for a whole day, my parents didn't speak of bank - that they were busy firing me is no consolation, though. About sixty per cent of the people liked the hairstyle, thirty percent were neutral in their opinion and the remaining were vehemently against it.

It is fun though, my cold and fever have almost subsided and I needn't bother too much about my hair. I cannot decide on whether I am looking reasonabe or downright awful, judging by my image in the mirror.

My favourite reactions.
Anju-Dropped her jaw. Then started laughing and was squirming almost for a whole week.
Mom-"Where's the rest?"
Dad-A sarcastic smile. Then "Why didn't you shave it all off?" (Followed by a torrent of advice on why I shouldn't cut my hair)

No comments:

Search This Blog